Rep. Stivers, whose district includes all of Vinton County, has shifted in recent years from live events to instead hosting “tele-town halls” over the phone.
“SURRENDER SEEMS NEAR,” the all-caps headline blared.
Note: This is the first of three stories featuring award recipients from the 2018 COAD/RSVP of the Ohio Valley annual Recognition and Awards Luncheon. This story appears in the Wednesday, Nov. 14 newspaper on Page A6. Check out upcoming editions of The Courier for more stories and photos.
VCHS senior Lilly Chevalier placed in the Top 8 during the Distinguished Young Women of Ohio competition.
Garret Copas has been hired as the new Wellston wrestling coach.
Once again, the Jackson High School girls tennis team was highlighted by a sister act.
The second-year Frontier Athletic Conference announced its all-league volleyball team, with Jackson junior hitter Abbey Munn as the Ironladies’ sole honoree.
12 players representing teams in Jackson and Vinton counties were named to the District 13 Coaches Association all-district volleyball squads.
- Four arrested in connection with Pike Co. Rhoden murders
- Full list of 2018 General Election Results (updating)
- State announces plans for new Hocking Hills Lodge
- 6 arrested in connection with Pike County murders
- Historical marker to honor Maude Collins, Ohio's first female sheriff
- Dozen area players named to District 13 volleyball team
- Three apprehended following church break-in
- 3 injured in crash on Route 93 near Oak Hill
- Jackson's income tax repealed
- 50 is nifty for Fee at state meet