McARTHUR — The Vinton County office of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) is closed until further notice.
This closure was mandated by Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, who announced the closure of 181 BMV offices in the state on March 19.
Vinton County Clerk of Courts Lisa Gilliland explained the procedures of the office moving forward in a media statement. She noted the Vinton County Title and License Bureau would be closed to the public until further notice. Her staff has been working reduced hours, and those employees are the only people permitted in the office.
Office hours are now 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Gilliland provided some information in regards to trucking companies in need of tags for their fleet of trucks. Those individuals can contact the office at 740-596-2040 or 740-596-5401 during the office’s adjusted hours.
There are currently five BMV offices open throughout the state. Their locations are the following:
- Deputy Registrar – 4503 Kenny Road, Columbus 43220
- Driver Exam Station – 4738 Cemetery Road, Columbus 43026
- Deputy Registrar – 22125 Rockside Road, Bedford 44146
- Driver Exam Station — 22123 Rockside Road, Bedford 44146
- Deputy Registrar – 142 Gross Street, Suite B, Marietta 45750
- Driver Exam Station – 142 Gross Street, Suite A, Marietta
- Deputy Registrar – 1616 E. Wooster Street, Suite 30, Bowling Green 43402
- Driver Exam Station — 1616 E. Wooster Street, Suite 30, Bowling Green 43402
- Deputy Registrar – 10938 Hamilton Avenue, Mt. Healthy 45231
- Driver Exam Station — 10940 Hamilton Avenue, Cincinnati 45231
These locations are open to provide commercial services only. All driving examination functions are also suspended at this time.
In addition, Gilliland provided information in regards to car dealerships. She noted her staff can process title work after individuals arrange to drop off the paperwork at the Vinton County BMV office doorstep.
Many resources for individuals are available online. Vehicle registrations renewals, reinstatement payments and change of addresses can be completed at www.oplates.com.