The Board of Education of the Gallia-Jackson-Vinton Joint Vocational School District held their regular meeting on June 12, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. in the Board Room on the Buckeye Hills Career Center campus.
In Personnel matters, the Board:
- Approved a correction to Amber Nowlin’s contract.
- Approved the part-time hourly and substitute salary schedule effective July 1, 2020.
- Employed Selina Kemper as a substitute teacher for th
- e 2020-2021 school year.
In the Adult Education department, the Board:
Approved the Adult Center Employee Handbook with its second reading
- Confirmed part-time hourly contracts for the following employees for the 2019-2020 school year: Sue Burleson, Lois Knadler, Jason Montgomery, Joy Poe, Robin Schoonover and Randy Simmering.
- Approved the following Adult Center Program Budgets: Business Essentials, Certified Nursing Assistant, Computer Classes, Cosmetology, EMT, Firefighter, HVAC, Industrial Maintenance with Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Medical Office Assisting, OPOTC, Phlebotomy, Power Lineman with Unrestricted CDL, Practical Nursing, Residential Wiring, Respiratory Therapy, Surgical Technology and Welding.
- Awarded part-time, hourly contracts to the following: Debra Adkins-Luther, Audra Atwood, Rick Baker, Rebecca Barkhurst, Michael Barry, Kelli Browning, Kevin Chapman, Jim Collins, Sharissa Cooper, Pamala Cross, Joshua Davies, Roger Deardorrf, Dustin Dixon, Christopher Dodson, Shannon Eldridge, Richard Eubanks, Greg Ferrell, Randall Finney, Rodney Fulks, Sharelle Gerstenberger, Richard Henderson, Timothy Henderson, Chad Hensley, Donald Hicks, Kerry Hodge, Jason Holdren, Misty Holliday, Tim Howard, Jeremy Jenkins, Barbie Johnson, Jonathan Johnson, Christopher Jones, Matthew Kight, Brittany Kirby, Lois Knadler, Shanna Leach, James Lott, Jennifer
Mabe, Seth Manring, Michelle Marcum, Karissa Martyn, Timothy Miller, Jason Montgomery, Kelly Morgan, Christopher Mosley, Brian Newvahner, Shaun Northup, Mike Null, John Payne, Rex Phillips, Ruthie Potter, Terri Price, Kevin Queen, Rose Rearley, David Redecker, Phillip Relli, Andrea Roberts, Linda Roe, Jason Saunders, Jimmie Shato, Joseph Sizemore, Scott Trussell, Tim Updike, Jason
- Weaver, Jean-Ann Hansel Webster, Debbie Willis, Kelli Woodard, Teresa Woods, Andrea and Jeff Young.
- Approved the following Adult Center substitute instructors: Shannon Eldridge, Timothy Howard, Ricky Johnson and Rondall Walker.
- Approved the 2020 Campus Security and Crime Report.
In other matters, the Board:
- Approved the 2020-2021 Buckeye Hills Faculty and Student Handbooks with their First Reading.
- Approved the tax rate established by the Budget Commission.
- Approved the lunchroom prices for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Approved a resolution adopting a calamity day alternative make-up plan for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Granted permission to pay dues for membership in the Coalition of Rural and Appalachian Schools for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Granted permission to pay dues for membership in the Ohio Coalition for Equity and adequacy for the 202
- 0-2021 school year.
- Granted permission to make application for the fol
lowing grants and accept funds awarded to t
- he District: AG 5th Quarter Grant, Cares ACT-Adult, Carl D. Perkins-Adult, Carl D. Perkins-Secondary and Rural Education Achievement Program.
- Awarded a purchase service contract to D. E. Huddleston for the Adult education Health Academy Lab.
roved the revised Boa
- rd of Education Policy Manual with its First Reading.
- Approved the Emergency Operation Plan for the 2020-2021 school year with its First Reading.
- Approved the one-year negotiated agreement with the Buckeye Hills Teachers Association.
pproved the one-year negotiated agreement with the Buckeye Hills Support Staff Association.
- Amended the Superintendent’s contract.
- Approved the Specialist/Technician and Administrative salary schedules, effective July 1,
- Selected Mr. Robert Cornwell as Delegate and Mr. Pat McDonald as Alternate to represent the JVSD at the 2020 Ohio School Boards Association Capital Conference.