The Vinton County commissioners held their reorganization meeting on Jan. 8, where they named William Wellman the president of commissioners and Tim Eberts the vice president. Mark Fout is the third commissioner.
Commissioners were also assigned to committees during this meeting:
- Courthouse security: Wellman
- SEORJ: Wellman; Alternate: Eberts
- CCAO Representative: Fout; Alternate: Eberts
- Jackson-Vinton Community Action: Eberts
- OVRDC: Eberts
- Solid Waste Executive: Eberts
- BOR President: Wellman
- EMA: Fout
- LEPC: Fout
- Family Children First: Fout
- SCOJFS Executive: Eberts
- Area 20: Fout
The commissioners also voted to keep their weekly meetings on Tuesdays. They will still meet at 10 a.m.