VINTON COUNTY — Due to confirmed cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Ohio, many local activities have either been canceled, postponed or limited due to precautionary measures or state mandates.
Below are events that have been affected so far in Vinton County.
Closures and cancellations
- McArthur’s fire stations are closed to public access. Only emergency personnel are permitted. All outside organizations that utilize the building will NOT be allowed. This means all non-essential people such as family members are not permitted.
- Hamden’s Village Hall will be closed until further notice. Please pay your water bills with check or money order through the deposit box.
- The Airbnb workshop, slated for March 29 and April 5 at the Zaleski ODNR complex and hosted by the Vinton County Convention and Visitors Bureau and Rural Action, is postponed and will be re-scheduled at a later date.
Announcements and other information
The following information was provided by McArthur mayor Steve Hammond.
The Village of McArthur will follow and enforce all directives from the Federal and State Government. Governor DeWine’s office is updating state directives daily. Please utilize the links below for updated information from the Governor’s Office.
The Governor has issued a Stay at Home order which can be viewed here: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home/public-health-orders/directors-order-to-stay-at-home
Governor DeWine holds a daily press conference at 2 p.m. that can be viewed at the link below: www.ohiochannel.org/live/governor-mike-dewine.
All village offices remain closed to the public, for the protection of our employees as well as the public. The Village Police Department will operate as normal.
If you have any questions or issues that you need addressed, you can call the following numbers.
- McArthur Village Mayors Office 740-596-5803
- McArthur Water Dept. Office 740-596-4060
Drop boxes are available at the Water Department Office and the Village Hall.
The playground equipment at Wyman Park is closed until further notice. Please do not allow your children to play on the equipment.
Water Department employees will not be entering places of business or homes to read meters. If your home or business has a radio read meter you will notice no change. If the employees usually come into your property to read your water meter your next bill will be estimated.
If your job has been affected by the Coronavirus please use the direct link to OJFS for the unemployment benefits process: http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/CoronavirusAndUI.stm
Vinton County Health Department
Vinton County still has 0 known cases of COVID-19. Those with questions regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19 please call 1-833-4ASKODH (1-833-427-5634), seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. There are several fact sheets and more information on the health department’s website, www.vintonohhealth.org.